Last News

Last Reviews

Want to run Android on your Windows Mobile device

3.4By James F. Koopmann December 04, 2009 01:44 AM

Htcpedia news:

Want to run Android on your Windows Mobile device

Want to run Android on your Windows Mobile device?  Follow this Tutorial and it shows how to run Android on your HTC' Touch Pro, HTC Touch HD, and the HTC Diamond.  Installing Android may help that annoying lag that is the greatest complaint of the Windows Mobile phone.  This Tutorial leads you though the steps of downloading the special modified version of Android; getting HaRET, the Windows Mobile application that allows one to boot into Android; and all that is needed to run Android on your phone.  As of yet, you can't start your phone directly into Android but have to run Windows Mobile first.  That shouldn't be much of a problem since most people don't turn there phone off very often. I don't know if it is the best idea to install Android on your Windows Mobile but if you are brave enough to try, hope you enjoy your HTC Android phone.

Rate this: 1 2 3 4 5 Rate

To add comments you need to Login or Register

Comments (17)

By drakus December 03, 2009 10:29 PM

Gonna try it this weekend. sounds too good to be true though. But one can always hope.

By fontana2906 December 03, 2009 11:05 PM

Every step in liberation from m$ and windows tyranny is maybe one step for a man, but one giant leap for mankind! So God bless the author(s)!

By crd22 December 04, 2009 05:01 AM

Linux has always been a free open-source alternative to Windows. Android is also open-source, so it was only a matter of time before it became usable on other phones.
I don't understand why you would buy a Window Mobile phone if you didn't like WinMo in the first place.

By fontana2906 December 04, 2009 07:43 PM

I wouldn't, and I didn't, of course.

By mihanclub December 04, 2009 12:28 AM

does it work on hd2?????????

By RoadRunner December 04, 2009 09:27 AM

Nope, but it'd being worked on.

By crd22 December 04, 2009 05:02 AM

Also, you can get Android on the original HTC Touch. It was one of the first WinMo phones used with Android actually

By hape December 04, 2009 08:44 AM

Does not work with Blackstone either...
PIN not accepted...
My screen goes off very quickly and I don't know how I can put it back on...
Sometimes screen goes on when I push power button long time...

Hopefully these problems is fixed and we can enjoy with HTC Android Phone :o)

By RoadRunner December 04, 2009 09:30 AM

Disable Pin in WM first before booting Android. Read the first post on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584559
and read the thread for instructions. All the issues you report are solved.

By hape December 04, 2009 01:35 PM

Okey, thanks... sorry I missed up that part..

By franconyx December 04, 2009 02:29 PM

Does not load with Blackstone, when I start Herat.exe, after a bit, on the black screen appears this sentence "Waiting for SD Card" ... this sentence is repeated continuously. What I have to do?

By venterrn December 04, 2009 04:31 PM

I get axactly the same message, tried removing the sd card, booting from the card... no luck :-( Any ideas anyone?

By RoadRunner December 05, 2009 11:21 AM

Android will only boot from older SD cards - or pre C4 type cards. So, you will need a 2GB card for this. This info is also on the thread.

By g400 December 04, 2009 06:33 PM

I've been using Android on my Touch Diamond for many, many months, and all it has demonstrated to me is the fact that Windows Mobile and Android (and therefore probably all mobile operating systems) are very similar. Liking one more than another is much more due to personal preference than any meaningful difference between the operating systems.

By venterrn December 05, 2009 01:55 PM

Ho Roadrunner,

Thanks but new problem, it boots a bit further but now i receive an error stating that the sd card could not be mounted, i have tried ntfs,fat32 and fat formats, it states that the alocation size is zero.... PLEASE HELP I AM NOT NEW WITH UPGRADING ROMS but this seems more difficult.

By RoadRunner December 05, 2009 03:48 PM

Format card to fat32, using allocation unit size of 32 kilobytes.

By venterrn December 09, 2009 09:22 AM

Fat32 does not have a 32kb function, only fat16 does and i still cant get the sd to mount, maybe i should throw the sd out the window? Any ideas, i've used two different cards, does it matter that i'm using HSPL?

To add comments you need to Login or Register

Popular News

© 2009-2012 htcpedia.com. All rights reserved.