Last News

Last Reviews

Rumor Alert: New Image of HTC Leo (Slider phone?)

4.4By Cassandra Turner August 11, 2009 12:03 AM

Htcpedia news:

Rumor Alert: New Image of HTC Leo (Slider phone?)

We have a new image that may show that the HTC Leo could turn out to be a slider phone instead of the popular rumor floating around about the return of the clamshell design.

This rumor comes hot off the presses, direct from a PM sent to me through our forum, from HTCPedia member Football. Though the member hasn't posted anything on our forum, they have sent over some specs on the HTC Leo that match what we've heard through the rumor mill.

The photo, however; is in stark contrast to the images we've seen showing the Leo as a clamshell phone. Since we have no other information matching this claim, we can't prove this true or false, so you'll have to be the judge on this one. Below is the message I received from our member:

Hello,
I have got HTC Leo real photo:
That will be nice if you post that at news page
Here also spec:
Snapdragon MSM 8250 1Ghz
Display 4,3" 480*800 capacitance touch-screen
512 ROM and 320 RAM
Camera 8mp with autofocus
Wi-Fi, A-GPS Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR, support GSM/EDGE, HSDPA
3,5mm Jack
MicroSD Slot
G-Sensor, motion sensor and light sensor.

Update: The HTC Leo has been caught in the sights of the friendly folks over at pda.pl and we’ve snatched up the shots to share with you here.

Htcpedia gallery:

Tags: htc leo htc

Rate this: 1 2 3 4 5 Rate

To add comments you need to Login or Register

Comments (42)

By jdstankosky August 11, 2009 09:42 PM

Mmmm I like the sound of those specs! SNAPDRAGON!!!

By david333 January 28, 2010 04:21 PM

First of all thanks a lot for the great and informative entry. I am very interested in mobile phones and iphones so all information related with these smart devices is very interesting and attractive for me. Well I work in the iphone development company, so that's why I am very interested in this sphere. Reading this post I have noticed some interesting facts about HTC Leo which I have not known before. I think that it is very nice model. Its description is really attratctive! Thanks a lot one more time for the ability to express my own opinion and I will be waiting for other great posts from you in the nearest future. By the way nice discussion! Regards, David Thompson from
<a href="http://www.azoft.com/mobile-application-development.htm">iphone development</a>

By bsp120167 August 11, 2009 11:46 PM

So this would be a slider similar to the touch pro? If so I need to have one of these!! This would put the IClones to shame.

By daak August 13, 2009 07:43 AM

touch pro without keyboard > it looks great and im awaitin for its release..

By moon182 August 13, 2009 09:45 AM

i think the display is too big...I'll not buy a smartphone with a display over 3,8"...
I think 3,8" is perfect in my touch hd.

By DavidMc0 August 13, 2009 03:43 PM

Amazing spec, but the size will be a big downer - my Pro2 is about as big as I want it, but according to this pic it's about 6% taller & 15% wider (123x68.5 ish). Still quite a bit smaller than TG01, but probably much thicker too.

Capacitive screen, headphone socket, 1Ghz snapdragon & 4.3" screen may make it worth the pocket bulge though!

By skr_xd August 13, 2009 05:39 PM

Seems to have not having a front camera from the above picture.
If its true, its a lot in downside.

By RKnight1983 August 14, 2009 05:50 AM

I am just hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that this device comes to America, unlike the beautiful Touch HD. If not I will most likley just stick with the Touch Pro 2 {that is when I get one after Verizon Launches it}

By jtoyz2 August 14, 2009 11:10 PM

man that thing is a beast...debating now on getting touch pro 2 when ATT drops it or wait till Hero hit the US...but my mind is telling me to wait for a SnapDragon device...would love this or the Ericsson X3...anyone announce a Snapdragon with Tetra cpu yet?

By yourtravelboy August 16, 2009 12:15 PM

Snapdragon with Tegra cpu? Thats would be interesting, The Leo looks nice. I am looking forward to seeing how many on the new devices will come with Android.

By val August 17, 2009 01:49 PM

i dont know if you want to believe this the only way to beet the iphone is to keep on making phones with key pads. other wise no one will survive, i just but the touch pro my friend i feel very sad. to small tho it was going to be bigger that the iphone no so. ass for that new leo if no slide key pad for get it.

By val August 17, 2009 03:22 PM

omg imagine this phone 4.3 inches and a key pad like the touch pro 2 i will assure u that would be htc money maker in the us.well i think that htc should take advantabe of the fact that apple dont want to put a key pad on the iphone.eventually they will and then nobody will be abble to stop apple.

By val August 17, 2009 03:25 PM

one advice for htc make sure that on board memory gets bigger cause the device will run faster. i wonder why they havent done it yet cause sansung learned that the hard way with the ommia 2 apple very smart ram big run faster

By val August 17, 2009 08:49 PM

since htc al ready has the leo they better then make sure that they have a leo pro with a key board like the touch pro for the usa since the iphone is hurting operators take a then chande and mke this come tru 4.3 and key pad or else htc will be out like the others.

By Miles August 18, 2009 04:28 PM

Woooop looking seriously sweet! Snapdragon + Capacitive screen + Decent UI over decent OS (manila2.6 over new winmo6.5 build, not the crappy TG01 laggy 6.1).

By val August 18, 2009 06:18 PM

beautiful maby but not enough roam or ram to run windodws 7 so u gonna need another phone do u really want to spend that kind of money before windows 7 comes out thats why microsoft is afraid of today hard ware not enouth to run windows 7 take that

By moonman78 August 21, 2009 01:20 AM

@val: Learn some english man, it's impossible to understand what you write, besides it makes you look an uneducated troll.

By val August 21, 2009 01:59 PM

dude it would be nice if u just email me intead of trying to made me look bad, you dont know the problems that i have.Beside I might not know how to write but i know what i am talking about, sorry u cant read my stuff.

By moonman78 August 22, 2009 08:52 PM

Okay, maybe you have some problem with typing, i'm sorry for that.

But why would Microsoft want to run Windows 7 on a phone? That doesn't make sense. If you are referring to Windows Mobile 7, there is absolutely nothing we know about it, but judging from Windows 7 (the desktop version) they learned some ode optimization during the past years. I don't think they are "afraid" of anything. A little late, maybe, but afraid?

By val August 21, 2009 02:01 PM

The plain truth is if HTC decide to bring the slider to the US their pockets are going to lagh all the way to the bank.

By papamarik August 24, 2009 12:11 AM

HTC must improve the quality of their cameras, it might be high in MP, but the quality must be improved.

By ez2remember August 24, 2009 07:32 AM

I can't see this rumor being true simply because the startup sequence (ROM) for the Leo has already shown us what the phone looks like.

By papamarik August 26, 2009 08:20 PM

The phone on the youtube video does show the same form factor. I believe here is the actual image of HTC Leo, and I also believe it will be in few different colors (Black, White, ??). We have to wait and see, but I think it will be worth the wait.

1 2
To add comments you need to Login or Register

Popular News

© 2009-2012 htcpedia.com. All rights reserved.