HTC 101: Create photo albums on your Android phone
5.0By Nigel Chiwaya February 01, 2011 08:11 PM
My roommate almost stumped me yesterday when he asked showed me his brand new HTC EVO and asked me how to separate his photos into different albums. Well, as far as I can tell, there is no easy way to do this within HTC Sense (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but it can be done pretty easily from your computer. All you have to do is move them from your SD card's camera folder to any folder in the root of your SD card. The steps are as follows
1. Plug your phone into your computer and enable disk mode
2. Search for the DCIM folder. That's where your camera shots are automatically placed.
3. Select all of the photos that you want to move to a new album, then either cut or copy them.
4. Head back to your SD card's root folder, and create a new folder. Name it whatever you'd like the album to be named.
5. Paste the photos into the new folder.
Boom, you're done. Eject and disconnect your phone and the album will be there the next time you fire up the Gallery app. Alternatively, you could do this within the phone by downloading a file manager from the Android Market.
Tags: htc 101