Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC Touch HD (Blackstone) > Touch HD ROM Development

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #1

My Device: HTC HD

k4mik4zi is infamous around these parts
Cool dutty's vs dutty's leo

Hello

What is the difference between Duttys HD WM6.5 Leo R2 and Dutty's HD WM6.5 R12 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards,
k4mik4zi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #2

My Device: HTC Touch HD

Subi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4mik4zi View Post
Hello

What is the difference between Duttys HD WM6.5 Leo R2 and Dutty's HD WM6.5 R12 ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards,
Leo uses new Manila 2.5 and R12 uses old Manila 2.1
Subi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 01:45 AM   #3

Gravious is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi View Post
Leo uses new Manila 2.5 and R12 uses old Manila 2.1
Is that the only difference?
Gravious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #4
VIP Member

Sexpest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravious View Post
Is that the only difference?
Yes but the differences between the two manilla's is alot. Manilla 2.1 is older, more stable, faster. Where Manilla 2.5 has got different features like the home screen is different etc. Ive been using Leo R2 since its release and its really good. Very stable and very usuable as my everyday rom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sexpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM   #5

My Device: Touch HD

info5i2002 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexpest View Post
Yes but the differences between the two manilla's is alot. Manilla 2.1 is older, more stable, faster. Where Manilla 2.5 has got different features like the home screen is different etc. Ive been using Leo R2 since its release and its really good. Very stable and very usuable as my everyday rom.
hm. does M2.5 lags when in landscape music and photo tabs?
info5i2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #6

My Device: blackstone - officially handed over the the Wife - HTC HD2

jigners is infamous around these parts
Question find out yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by info5i2002 View Post
hm. does M2.5 lags when in landscape music and photo tabs?
i suggest you find this out yourself, do a bit of expirementing and share us your experience.
jigners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigners View Post
i suggest you find this out yourself, do a bit of expirementing and share us your experience.
Yeah, well, i tested it and in my opinion it lags. Anyone else?
Old September 10th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #8

paplino is on a distinguished road

I tried Leo for 2 days, but, if I had the time, I would have reflashed R12 after 4 hours. Manila 2.5 is cool, it's flashy, but it leaves a lot to be desired. First: there's no programs tab. If you want to access a program, you either have to put a shortcut of that program in one of the slots in the home screen of Manila, or you have to use the start button and WinMo's interface (which I hate). Second: the clock in the home screen is behaving... weird. Let's assume that the time is 21:34. When you turn the device on, or when you switch to the home screen, the clock will show first 20:32, then the hour will flip once and become 21, then the minute will flip once and become 33, after about a second more will flip a second time to become 34. After a day of this, it was becoming so annoying, that I was sorely tempted to throw the phone out the window. Third: eats and leaks memory like crazy. After a fresh reset, it's at about 56% occupied. After 1 day of moderate usage, it's 68%. After a level 3 cleanRAM, it went down to 63%.

My conclusion: Manila 2.5 looks good, it has a great future, but only after some serious work on it. And I mean Serious.

Last edited by paplino; September 10th, 2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: small mistake corrected
paplino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #9

SnooPPP is infamous around these parts

I find Manilla 2.5 to be pretty laggy. Just doing normal things like scrolling through the peoples tab makes it stutter. It's an interesting renovation to Manilla, but at the moment it is nowhere near usable daily for me.
SnooPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnooPPP View Post
I find Manilla 2.5 to be pretty laggy. Just doing normal things like scrolling through the peoples tab makes it stutter. It's an interesting renovation to Manilla, but at the moment it is nowhere near usable daily for me.
It's not laggy actually. Only slightly laggier than Manillla 2.1. The only "pretty laggy" part would be the landscape photos and music tabs. Otherwise its smooth enough for daily use