Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > General Discussion > News & Rumors

News & Rumors News & Rumors (HTC news, releases, and rumors)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #1

HCSC is on a distinguished road
Default New Google phone?

I read on the web that Google prepare more Android phones in future. Nexus One first of many Google Phones, Google products.
Old January 10th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #2

My Device: HTC Incredible

Marchello is on a distinguished road

In my opinion Google has just entered the mobile industry and this is just a beginning for Google mobile brand. I am sure they will be releasing many more Android phones in the months and years to come. I am currently using Google Nexus One and HTC HD2.
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #3

HCSC is on a distinguished road

also I read that we can aspect next Nexus One device, probably with keyboard and Exchange support. Where Google want compete with RIM in business class smartphone world.
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:01 PM   #4

My Device: HTC Incredible

Marchello is on a distinguished road

That would be wonderful. I don't understand why Blackberry has taken over business world, their phones are not so special, except for patented Blackberry messenger.
Old January 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #5

My Device: hTC Touch Diamond

benko is infamous around these parts

Speed and stabilty, that is why Blackberry ownes business clas, I just LOVE Bold for business!

BTW does all apps available on the Market works on Nexus One, I ask this because I think that there is almost no apps for Nexus One because it has different resoultion(those apps are only made for "low" res phones), same as HD when it came out..almost no apps for it..
benko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #6

My Device: AT$T Tilt

denco7 is infamous around these parts

The biggest nut for Google to crack in the U.S. market is going to be trying to sell uncarrier branded phones. People in Europe and Asia ...et al...are used to paying full price for phones and then acquiring service. Since the advent of cell phones in the U.S, people have always gotten free or low cost subsidized phones with a two year contract. While the no contract ( full price ) option has always been available, very few go that route when buying a new phone. People here are just not going to be very receptive to paying $300-$1000 for a cell phone thet they hope will last two years. Good luck changing the subsidized phone mentality in the U.S.

As popular as the iPhone is, Apple saw the necessity in locking in a carrier to subsidize the iPhone. Eventually Google will have to do the same thing to expand their brand also.
denco7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 03:24 AM   #7

My Device: HTC Desire

spikes is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denco7 View Post
The biggest nut for Google to crack in the U.S. market is going to be trying to sell uncarrier branded phones. People in Europe and Asia ...et al...are used to paying full price for phones and then acquiring service. Since the advent of cell phones in the U.S, people have always gotten free or low cost subsidized phones with a two year contract. While the no contract ( full price ) option has always been available, very few go that route when buying a new phone. People here are just not going to be very receptive to paying $300-$1000 for a cell phone thet they hope will last two years. Good luck changing the subsidized phone mentality in the U.S.

As popular as the iPhone is, Apple saw the necessity in locking in a carrier to subsidize the iPhone. Eventually Google will have to do the same thing to expand their brand also.
Not just the US that likes free phones.
the UK is exactly the same.

personally i don't agree with paying for a phone. i was VERY tempted to buy an iPhone, but couldnt convince myself that i wanted to actually pay for one.

same with the nexus one, we don't have any pricing details at the moment, so i have no idea if i'll have one.
spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #8

My Device: Nexus One

techdaring is infamous around these parts

I think Google now begin to entering to mobile industry. I hope they will give many products look good
techdaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:25 PM   #9

My Device: HTC Diamond

aiwenor is infamous around these parts

I've read somewhere that the next Google phone will be a more business-orientated handset. That means it would likely feature a full QWERTY keyboard and enterprise-focussed built-in apps. Such a move will put Google in a market already dominated by Blackberry and Microsoft.
aiwenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 04:20 AM   #10

My Device: HTC Touch2

april_forshee is infamous around these parts

I would be more than glad to see google progressing its band in mobile industry....
april_forshee is offline   Reply With Quote