Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

HTC TyTN II (Kaiser) HTC TyTN II (Discussion about HTC TyTN II (also known as HTC Kaiser). Anything about how-to questions, accessories, manuals, software, etc…)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2009, 05:05 PM   #11

My Device: AT&T Tilt

dlukas is infamous around these parts
Default My AT&T Tilt likes/dislikes

I really like the keyboard. The touch screen works well for some things, such as PIM (I use Pocket Informant) and media stuff but it seems to be less reliable for web browsing. I have not found one web browser I can use for everything. (IE is pretty good for mobile-specific sites, Skyfire works well with many streaming media sites, and Opera 9.7beta is kind of zippy in Turbo mode but I can't seem to get used to the interface. Iris is also ok, and I like NetFront a lot but I don't want to get too attached in case they stop extending the expiration on it.) If I try to do much browsing, I sometimes get iPhone envy.

I like the ability to install "unauthorized" applications. I wish it were a bit faster and had some more on-board memory, as many applications do not like to stored on memory cards. Instructions I have found for keeping some of the bloatware from installing do not seem to work on WM6.1. (My Tilt came with WM6.1 so I have not tried WM6.0.) I might try to download and flash a barebones ROM one of these days...

The Tilt works well with BlueTooth (I have a Jabra BT3030) but the battery life is pretty short when using BT.
dlukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM   #12

My Device: 8925

FrankBCT is infamous around these parts
Default The good the bad and the ugly

The good - Great phone! Garmin XT mobile is as good as my in car Garmin GPS. You can store up to 32 gig of songs, pictures, movies, and medical records on a micro sd card. I even have MRI's on it so when I travel I have all my records with me.
You can modify almost everything with all the various options and programs.

The bad - heavy, camera has taken a step back from the 8525. The mini usb is poor quality at best. The back camera lens cover is made of soft material which is scratched by cloth. This in turn degrades the photos that are already poor.

The Ugly- HTC "support". The worst I've ever dealt with. I sent my tilt in for repair of the GPS chip not locking on for fifteen minutes, poor screen sensitivity, and the backlight would come on when I set down the phone while charging. I was told the normal turn around is 3-5 days.
After a week I called and asked the status and was told the warranty was void because the mini-usb was slightly tipped. (it charged and transferred data fine). After weeks of calling and three letters they agreed to fix everything under warranty. After several weeks I got the phone back. The screen had not been replaced and the screen sensitivity was still poor, the reset port no longer worked with the stylus. The good news is the GPS now locks on within seconds. HTC has a major problem with the GPSone chip. I've read that some people have sent their phones in for repair several times before they got a main board with a good GPSone chip. Customer service needs a replacement.

HTC has great products. I assume they are subcontracting their "repair". A huge mistake when Apple is taking over the market.
FrankBCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM   #13

My Device: Was a Kaiser but nothing now

clem122770 is infamous around these parts
Default I too have the Tilt/Kaiser and I love it but...

the screen is a little small and not as acurrate to the touch as I hoped. The TP/Fuze was a great improovement but I saw the TP2 and decided for that I will wait.
clem122770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2009, 08:39 AM   #14

My Device: AT&T Tilt

kinganthonyVIII is infamous around these parts
Default Hail HTC Tilt!

Pros

*Touch Screen
*Multimedia (Pic, Vid, MP3, Media Card capability, WinMobile)
*Sleek in design with tilt function
*Email
*Internet Browser

Cons

*Bulky design (not an easy pocket fit)

There's really no complaints about my Tilt!!! So I know if I was to win the HTC Touch Pro 2 (successor of tilt) I would be nothing less than extra excited! HTC hands down provides the best mobile devices in wireless!
kinganthonyVIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #15

My Device: HTC HD2

elyl is infamous around these parts

Jog Dial
Decent call quality

Dislikes:
Speed - has a fast processor, but crippled by HTC's lack of proper drivers
Size - could be a few mm thinner
elyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
at&t tilt xda-developers