Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium)

HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) HTC Touch Pro2 (Discussion about HTC Touch Pro2 (also known as Rhodium). Anything about how-to questions, accessories, manuals, software, etc…)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM   #1

My Device: Touch Pro2

sixten57 is infamous around these parts
Default Touch Pro2 change language

Hi guys,
I'm total noob on these things, but anyway here goes: my employer just got me a Touch Pro2 so I can stay connected while travelling. I wrongly assumed there would be a feature to change language from swedish to english - but no way... a few messages to HTC support gave no help whatsoever, except useless information that I "would violate licensing rules" if I tried to change language. HOW THE HECK CAN IT BE SO DIFFICULT?

Ok the real question is: If I download the latest ROM 6.5 upgrade european english version (available on this fine site) - will my phone change language to english or will I brick my device?

Thanks for any help in this matter.
sixten57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #2

My Device: samsung

fazi52 is infamous around these parts
Default healp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixten57 View Post
Hi guys,
I'm total noob on these things, but anyway here goes: my employer just got me a Touch Pro2 so I can stay connected while travelling. I wrongly assumed there would be a feature to change language from swedish to english - but no way... a few messages to HTC support gave no help whatsoever, except useless information that I "would violate licensing rules" if I tried to change language. HOW THE HECK CAN IT BE SO DIFFICULT?

Ok the real question is: If I download the latest ROM 6.5 upgrade european english version (available on this fine site) - will my phone change language to english or will I brick my device?

dearr i think this tim is not avilable englis rom for touch ori2
fazi52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #3

My Device: HTC Touch Diamond P3051

talontsi07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixten57 View Post
Hi guys,

You have to unlock your device in order to flash custom, diff carrier, and diff language ROM's.
talontsi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #4

My Device: htc touch pro 2

teodoro59 is infamous around these parts

Hi, I have the same problem. I need to change from German to Spanish. My HTC is unlocked, so I can use any services provider. When I try to execute the Rodium SPL in my tp2 a msg appears telling that "please make sure your device is linked to the computer" and nothing happens. I have the ActiveSync running and correctly linked to the PC and it sincronyzes well. Then a second msg tells me that I can go to the site hpcmonex.net to download a cab file to run it into my tp2, but i don?t find it (name file is enableralpinew.cab).
I tried also to execute in the PC the official 6.5 version (in spanish) to update my tp2 6.1 (in german), and initially it seems that it is being installed, but suddenly the tp2 screen goes black and a msg in the PC says that installation failed. I tried several times, but does not work.
Any magician of yours could help me?
teodoro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #5

My Device: htc touch pro 2

teodoro59 is infamous around these parts

Hi, its me again. I Have done it!!!!! After several intents trying to instal Rodium SPL I had received the message "if you could not get the device properly synced: then try installing this CAB on your phone: http/hpcmonex.net/roms/enableralpinew.cab and retry in automatic flash mode"
I found finally the CAB and executed it in the root directory of the tp2. Then I executed from the PC the Hard-SPL Rhodium and after that I changed the language installing the official windows mobile 6.5 in the selected language, downloaded for free from HTC.
Finally, I hardresetted the tp2, to improve performance. Of course all the data stored before was deleted...but it is worth. Since I can syncro with outlook, sll the data was there (almost all...). Now I understand many things and can use properly the device. I hope it works. Good luck
teodoro59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 02:44 PM   #6

My Device: Rhodium tp2 sprint

guarapita is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Ayuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by teodoro59 View Post
Hi, its me again. I Have done it!!!!! After several intents trying to instal Rodium SPL I had received the message "if you could not get the device properly synced: then try installing this CAB on your phone: http/hpcmonex.net/roms/enableralpinew.cab and retry in automatic flash mode"
I found finally the CAB and executed it in the root directory of the tp2. Then I executed from the PC the Hard-SPL Rhodium and after that I changed the language installing the official windows mobile 6.5 in the selected language, downloaded for free from HTC.
Finally, I hardresetted the tp2, to improve performance. Of course all the data stored before was deleted...but it is worth. Since I can syncro with outlook, sll the data was there (almost all...). Now I understand many things and can use properly the device. I hope it works. Good luck
Hola Teodoro, podrias por favor explicarme "en castellano" como lo lograste? Yo ya hice el hardspl, quiero ahora poner un rom con windows mobile 6.5 en espanol. Mi equipo (sprint cdma tp2) tiene todavia el rom original 6.1

EDIT: hi, next time try to use google translator, always post in English. Thx.

Google translation:

"Hi Theodore, would you please explain "in Castilian" as you did? I have done the hardspl, I now put a rom with windows mobile 6.5 in Spanish. My team (sprint cdma tp2) still has the original 6.1 rom."

Last edited by Ark_N; December 1st, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
guarapita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2009, 08:17 PM   #7

My Device: Rhodium tp2 sprint

guarapita is infamous around these parts
Default spanish rom

Hi Teodoro, would you please be more specific about the spanish rom for cdma tp2. I did hardspl succesfully, however, I am not sure if I can flash a wm 6.5 rom on my sprint 6.1 wm rom

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarapita View Post
Hola Teodoro, podrias por favor explicarme "en castellano" como lo lograste? Yo ya hice el hardspl, quiero ahora poner un rom con windows mobile 6.5 en espanol. Mi equipo (sprint cdma tp2) tiene todavia el rom original 6.1

EDIT: hi, next time try to use google translator, always post in English. Thx.

Google translation:

"Hi Theodore, would you please explain "in Castilian" as you did? I have done the hardspl, I now put a rom with windows mobile 6.5 in Spanish. My team (sprint cdma tp2) still has the original 6.1 rom."
guarapita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
english, language, rhodium, touch pro2, tp2