Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium)

HTC Touch Pro2 (Rhodium) HTC Touch Pro2 (Discussion about HTC Touch Pro2 (also known as Rhodium). Anything about how-to questions, accessories, manuals, software, etc…)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #1

My Device: HTC Touch Pro2

arcDaniel is infamous around these parts
Default Nood question's ?

I'm new here,

So Hello @ everyone !!

and I'm to a new htc user. I have now my htc pro2 since 2weeks, and like it very much, but if I watch the feature of Manila 2.5 and WM6.5, I very interessted to flash a new rom.

My big Question is, will somthink no more work, that work with the last original Rom from htc??

For wich coutry are the roms, I'm from Luxemburg and use a UK version of my tp2, will that work?

When htc will release the new wm6.5 rom, i will flash that rom, but for the moment what is the most close oem rom out here?

for backup my stuff, for contacts and mails I use windows live, my calendar is sync with google calendar, and my sms's are backuped with myPhone, I there something other that I need to backup, befor I forget something?

And when for example I flash Tom's Rom, Iam I able to re-flash the stock-rom without problems??

Thanks in advance for the tips and anwsers!

ps: sorry for my bad english!
arcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2009, 07:21 AM   #2
VIP Member

My Device: HTC TP2, HTC TP2 CDMA. TMO HD2

Ark_N is on a distinguished road

Hi, i?ve moved this thread to the general section, since it doesn?t belong on rom development.

Now to your doubts, as long as you flash Hard-SPL on your device you can install any of the roms posted here, on our Rhodium section, all roms posted are for GSM devices, so you won?t have any problems with it, the rom that will work best for you, is for you to install them and choose one of your liking, since you backup all your data, that won?t be a problem also, because by flashing your device you will loose all your data, except for the one in your sd card, and finally, you can always go back to stock rom.

Cheers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ark_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #3

My Device: HTC Touch Pro2

arcDaniel is infamous around these parts

thanks for the info,
an I have now installed the WM6.5 htc testing-rom, that you have posted. I had only made it like a normal Rom-Update, and everything work flawless. I think that one make a good bridge from the original rom and the Htc official 6.5-Rom that will come mid-octobre.

I only hope that the final version will have Manila 2.5 (and why Manila do not exist as cab to install??)
arcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 05:07 PM   #4
VIP Member

My Device: HTC TP2, HTC TP2 CDMA. TMO HD2

Ark_N is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcDaniel View Post
thanks for the info,
an I have now installed the WM6.5 htc testing-rom, that you have posted. I had only made it like a normal Rom-Update, and everything work flawless. I think that one make a good bridge from the original rom and the Htc official 6.5-Rom that will come mid-octobre.

I only hope that the final version will have Manila 2.5 (and why Manila do not exist as cab to install??)
The upcoming Rhodium wm65 update, supposedly, will come out with manila 2.1 with weather on home tab, as for manila 2.5 as a cab, don?t expect to see it.
As a personal note, try our chefs roms, you?ll be amazed with what the rhodium can do.
And enjoy your device.

Cheers.

Ark_N is offline   Reply With Quote