Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC HD2 (Leo) > HTC HD2 ROM Development

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #1
VIP Member

My Device: HTC Butterfly

mccmjoon is on a distinguished road
Talking (Android CWR/NAND Build)UPD(17.01.11)MCCM HD V5.1 Data2SD [Desire HD]Perfect Build

Guys will temporarily not update this Build,focus on SD Build

OK Guys i try to write this for u to easy understand BUILD Is Base on DESIRE HD Latest ROM : (1.72.405.3)

After Countless Hours Tweak and Test : The Build i confirm PERFECT And Stable for Daily used

Before Flashing, copy all your Data on SD Card to pc than Format your SD Card .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55555 View Post
I have made a short Video (2 parts) to sow, how smooth this rom could be and how nice everything works. Sorry for my poor english. I was a little bit in hurry...

Maybe his is a little motivator for those people, who have still sometrouble by instaling this rom. When e new rom is out and i have time, i will make a better Video review which is more structured. The video quality is poor too, but i have just a small cam.

The files are uploading right now, so i will post the links when the upload is finished!

Video Part 1 YouTube - MCCM JOON Desire HD 5.0 Android @ HD2 Part 1

Part 2 YouTube - MCCM JOON Desire HD 5 0 Andorid @ HD2 Part 2

Part 3 without
speech but music :-) YouTube - Show up MCCM JOON Desire HD 5 0 Android @ HD2 part 3.

Huge thanks to '55555' for the video

Install CWR/NAND/Data2SD needs 5 step :

[Guide]
Step 1 ~ Install Download MAGLDR 1.11 package from xda-developers and extract to an empty folder on your pc. Video:YouTube - How To Install Android NAND ROM On HTC HD2 (No SD Card Needed) With MAGLDR Original MAGLDR Thread by Cotulla is [DFT]MAGLDR 1.11 released! [GOGOGO stuck fixed] - xda-developers

Step 2 ~
CWR partition layout
Power on phone holding power button to access magldr menu.
Select the "USB Flasher" item.
Run DAF.exe in the 2 step folder and go through installer to set required partition layout.

Step 3 ~
3th step - sdcard prepare for Data2SD
3.1) After 2nd step will completed, holding power button to access magldr menu.
Select the "USB MassStg" item.
3.2)Copy the Data2SD folder from the step 3 folder to root of sdcard.
After copying will be finished disconnect USB cable.Press 'End' key
3.3)Go to "Services->BootSettings->AD SD Dir" in the magldr menu and select the Data2SD folder.
3.4)Next select the "Boot AD SD" item. ClockworkMod will be loaded and you will see ClockworkMod Recovery menu.
3.5)Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select needed for you the size of partition for Data2SD (Recommended 1 GB), next select 0 as size of swap partition.
After the partitioning will be done,'Back' key select the "reboot system now" item. make sure you hold the end key.

Step 4 - install ROM
After 3th step will completed, holding power button to access magldr menu.
4.1)Select the "USB MassStg" item.
Copy the back the Data2SD folder from the step 3 folder to root of sdcard.
Copy the (MCCM HD V5.1 NAND zip) in the ROM folder from the step 4 to root of sdcard.
Copy the (update zip) from last step folder to ur roof of sdcard.
After copying will be finished disconnect USB cable. Press 'End' key
4.2)Next select the "Boot AD SD" item. ClockworkMod will be loaded and you will see ClockworkMod Recovery menu.
4.3)Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select zip file from the ROM directory.
After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item.

Last Step When the phone comes up(take about 20~30 minute), just Restart again the phone press the 'End' button to 'magldr menu'
Next select the "Boot AD SD" item.
Volume key select 'update sd card' select 'update zip' press 'call' key running scrip after done select "reboot system now" Now the Rebooting will take about 5 minute

First boot White HTC screen takes more time 20~30 minute "just be patient" very patient u will like stuck at white HTC screen for few time , as it creates directory structure on /data partition. After finish BOOTING the ui will be fast more stable after few BOOTING and after using for few hours GOODLUCK
If u stock at Black HTC screen more than 2~3 minute than u had to start again
Using a full charged battery as the phone does not charge during the initial boot..

FINISH, NOW U WILL HAVE MCCM HD BUILD V5.0 CWR/NAND BUILD With 1GB memory and Roof permission Enjoy

Why u want to update to CWR/NAND Build ?
1) Fast very Fast !!!
2)Less lag when download/Install apps
3)Battery 2 ma in standby (normal used can last one day)
4)In call volume Loud
5)Fast GPS detect
6)Wake up (Unlock) less than 2 sec
7)Now u got new battery % icon
8)With MDJ S10 OC kernel u can set CPU to 1500 [ used it with your own Risk ] i set mine max 1300 (smartass)
9) One gb internal memory
10)Streaming media works (for me at least)
More improvement that u had to find out your self

What is Working : Go here
http://htcpedia.com/forum/htc-hd2-ro...-sense%5D.html

Screenshot here
http://htcpedia.com/forum/htc-hd2-ro...-sense%5D.html

If u like the Build u welcome to buy me a cup of coffee
http://bit.ly/fkhbk8
Those who have ever help me and donated to me , you can still reach me via my personal email, and I would love to give you as much support as I can, since you are my VIP.

If fail to install the CWR ROM just reflash back your custom ROM Goodluck !

Thanks to Beta Tester:
yesucan
Johnkhoo
joo

Special thanks :
Cotulla - for making all this possible
m-deejay (kernel)
hastarin (kernel)
snq (camera fix)
letama (ril wrapper for pppd)
gpc and m-jeey (camcorder fix)
sopL87-Skin HTC
LiFE1688 for the (CW Kernel Updater Tools)
All Dev Android HD2 community
All of u on HD2 Android build chat
mokie14, 55555, zolom and 12 others like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mccmjoon; March 17th, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
mccmjoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:37 PM   #2
VIP Member

MCCM HD v5.1 CWR/NAND Build download here :

http://www.multiupload.com/6JNO1AJNUP

What is new in V5.1:
MMS FIX
Some small tweak

Note: After download v5.1 follow POST 1 [GUIDE] to install

Note: UPDATE V5.0~V5.1
1)After download the HD MCCM V5.1 zip file
2)Copy to roof of your SD Card (using usb to pc)no need take out your SD Card
3)Restart Phone press 'power' button to access magldr menu
4)Follow back step 4.2

Your done . U won't lose your setting .

P/S: Your can also do BACK UP before UPdate .
1)Restart Phone
2)press 'power' button to access magldr menu
3)select the "Boot AD SD" item
4)volume key to 'backup' press 'green' key to select
5)Let it run u will had all your setting and data backup in your SD Card .

Enjoy

MCCM HD v5.0 CWR/NAND Build download here

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

If u like the Build u welcome to buy me a cup of coffee
http://bit.ly/fkhbk8
aco_kuna and byos like this.

Last edited by mccmjoon; January 19th, 2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #3
VIP Member

OK GUYS u want it u GOT IT !!! UPDATE KERNEL

Seems to be some of the member giving feedback how smooth the BUILD are with the
MDJ_S10.4.OC_NAND

SO here u go :
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

[B] How to update kernel with CRW updater :
1)Download the zip file and paste on the roof of the SD Card
2)Restart the phone
3)Press 'power' button to access magldr menu
4) select the "Boot AD SD" item
5)Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select(CW_Kernel_Updater MDJ_S10.4.OC_NAND.zip)file
6)press 'green' key to select
7)After Done press back key and press 'green' key to select the "reboot system now"
8)Done ! the Build will Boot take about 5 minute
9)After finish go to setting/About phone/software information check the kernel version ,it should be S10.4 C.

GOOD LUCK And Enjoy the BUILD

Thanks;
MDJ for the kernel
LiFE1688 for the CW Kernel Updater Tools

aco_kuna and dguedes like this.

Last edited by mccmjoon; January 19th, 2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old January 15th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #4

My Device: HD2

mrtrevelyan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccmjoon View Post
mccm hd v5.0 cwr/nand build download here :

uploading.....
Can't wait!

MCCM: does DATA2SD = DATA2EXT2/3/4?!

I think from googling that DATA2SD and DATA2EXT2/3/4 are different beasts altogether...I would be grateful for some clarification here as some posts that I've found on xda/htpedia throw these terms about as if they were one and the same.

and MCCM: I take it we can't use our exiting data.img from the SD version of your HD 4.0 build? (I think the answer to the earlier questions may automatically answer this second one, but asking just in case it doesn't!)

Thanks again MCCM!

Last edited by mrtrevelyan; January 16th, 2011 at 12:18 AM.
mrtrevelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #5

My Device: HTC HD2

Sian is infamous around these parts

Hi MCCM

Would you be releasing the SD version??
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #6
VIP Member

Guys the build is up ... ENJOY Congratulation u just upgrade to next Level please give feedback ..

Old January 16th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #7

My Device: T-Mobile HD2

elmanny90 is infamous around these parts

is it possible to integrate the animations and colors of your incredible build into your NAND Desire build? that is the only thing stopping me from install the NAND build. i love your IR 1.8 but ive been having way too many problems on it
elmanny90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 12:35 AM   #8

My Device: HD2

mrtrevelyan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmanny90 View Post
is it possible to integrate the animations and colors of your incredible build into your NAND Desire build? that is the only thing stopping me from install the NAND build. i love your IR 1.8 but ive been having way too many problems on it
Hi Elmanny - this NAND build is a Desire HD build, not a Desire Build.

Also - the animations/colours found in the IR Desire-based build is not to everyone's tastes - hence why those who like heavily modded versions of the Desire build go to that build. It's a matter of personal preference!

I for one like this Desire HD build the way it is (with a few nice mods including a music player on the lockscreen, but with - in my opinion - cleaner transition animations and colouring), and do not like the animations/colours in the most recent IR Desire Builds.
mrtrevelyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #9

My Device: T-Mobile HD2

elmanny90 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtrevelyan View Post
Hi Elmanny - this NAND build is a Desire HD build, not a Desire Build.

Also - the animations/colours found in the IR Desire-based build is not to everyone's tastes - hence why those who like heavily modded versions of the Desire build go to that build. It's a matter of personal preference!

I for one like this Desire HD build the way it is (with a few nice mods including a music player on the lockscreen, but with - in my opinion - cleaner transition animations and colouring), and do not like the animations/colours in the most recent IR Desire Builds.
yes i agree it is completely on personal preference, i actually just like the fact that it is something different but i have no problem with the Desire build. If you or anyone has already installed 5.0 would you mind posting screenshots so i could see what im getting before flashing?
elmanny90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #10

My Device: HTC HD 2

jun88 is infamous around these parts

Hi..

Just finished install but stuck booting in Green Logo,

how long it take for the first boot..

Thanks in advance..
masa13 likes this.
jun88 is offline   Reply With Quote