Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC HD2 (Leo) > HTC HD2 ROM Development

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2010, 03:56 PM   #121

My Device: HTC HD2 Leo

ToddeSwe is infamous around these parts
Default 8.5.3

Hi!

Have applied hastarin's 8.5.3 now but i can't figure out this:

# Make sure you run the following 2 lines on startup (they tweak kernel memory so PPP is more stable). You can do it manually with GScript Lite or edit an appropriate file (eg 99complete) for your build.
Code:

echo 8 8 > /proc/sys/vm/lowmem_reserve_ratio
echo 8192 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes

How can i do that?
ToddeSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:12 PM   #122

My Device: htc hd2

denisse_24 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddeSwe View Post
Hi!

Have applied hastarin's 8.5.3 now but i can't figure out this:

# Make sure you run the following 2 lines on startup (they tweak kernel memory so PPP is more stable). You can do it manually with GScript Lite or edit an appropriate file (eg 99complete) for your build.
Code:

echo 8 8 > /proc/sys/vm/lowmem_reserve_ratio
echo 8192 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes

How can i do that?
i really didnt make anythingof that stuff and its working fine :P..lol....please can someone give me the APN setting for tmo usa user...cuz i cant send msm, and i have tried some aPN's settings and just dont work heeeelp
denisse_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #123

My Device: HTC HD2 Leo

ToddeSwe is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisse_24 View Post
i really didnt make anythingof that stuff and its working fine :P..lol....please can someone give me the APN setting for tmo usa user...cuz i cant send msm, and i have tried some aPN's settings and just dont work heeeelp
Hmmm ... i was hoping it was boosting the performance a bit, as it is now i have small freezing every now and then so it's a bit jerky.

Hope he can improve it in the next build. Now i don't want to go back

Or could it be that i cheated a bit when copying this new build to my Sd card?
I was only formating with the WinMo format tool and not as i use to do a low level format with my pc first and then the winmo formating tool....

Last edited by ToddeSwe; December 10th, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
ToddeSwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #124

My Device: Hd2 Runing MCCM SE V3.4 FroyoStone Sense

supermantxz24 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisse_24 View Post
i would give then to you but it wont let me post urls because i dont have 12 post
supermantxz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #125

gonzalosalcedo09 is infamous around these parts
Default open source

I posted this on XDA:

We all have to remember that these are builds based on android roms not created by either of these devs. All of the beautiful animations and inner workings of the OS we are using are all based on somebody else's work. If you use an open source piece of software such as the android 2.2 platform you are allowed to do as much work as you want on it and release your own version on it, even name it as you like. But it retains the same open source license and anyone else may change it as they see fit. Even if you only change one line of code you can make it your own version. The reason for this is so that we can be free to change code as we see fit in order for it to make it work better or even just to make it more enjoyable for us. Why go through all this trouble when all Mccm was was just another dev putting in his share to make something happen which we all have been working on and waiting for.

I hope this reminds everyone here specially new devs that we are dealing with open source software here and noone can claim it for themselves. The whole point of the open source android project (and open source in general) is to bring a community together to work towards a specific goal not to tear them apart as XDA has done.
gonzalosalcedo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #126

My Device: hd2

choki is infamous around these parts
Talking

Am here with you my friend.keep up the good work.i love your build mccmjoon
choki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:08 PM   #127

My Device: HTC HD2

xdabart is infamous around these parts
Wink

Hi guys,

At XDA right now, releases dominated by MDJ, it is getting a little boring, lack of competition ;-)

So, i'll look forward to seeing your next update here soon, all the devs are basically hacking HTC's stuff, strange how you were blacklisted there for copying something from MDJ, it must have been him filing the complaint then he did not bother to even say a single word about it to the community on XDA....?

Still running your HD 2.0 build, i had one strange incident happening this afternoon, just after finishing a phone call and pushing the red button to hang up, my screen went black and my HD2 totally locked up, i had to take out the battery to reboot.

On the positive side, no more data connection issues like i mentioned a few days back, this may have been a problem at my provider (KPN, auto-detected)

You can count on me also testing your next version, gotta love these Desire HD Builds...
xdabart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:35 PM   #128
VIP Member

My Device: HTC Butterfly

mccmjoon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalosalcedo09 View Post
I posted this on XDA:

We all have to remember that these are builds based on android roms not created by either of these devs. All of the beautiful animations and inner workings of the OS we are using are all based on somebody else's work. If you use an open source piece of software such as the android 2.2 platform you are allowed to do as much work as you want on it and release your own version on it, even name it as you like. But it retains the same open source license and anyone else may change it as they see fit. Even if you only change one line of code you can make it your own version. The reason for this is so that we can be free to change code as we see fit in order for it to make it work better or even just to make it more enjoyable for us. Why go through all this trouble when all Mccm was was just another dev putting in his share to make something happen which we all have been working on and waiting for.

I hope this reminds everyone here specially new devs that we are dealing with open source software here and noone can claim it for themselves. The whole point of the open source android project (and open source in general) is to bring a community together to work towards a specific goal not to tear them apart as XDA has done.
Woo... what a statement thanks guys we show them . We can do it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mccmjoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #129

denisse_24 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermantxz24 View Post
i would give then to you but it wont let me post urls because i dont have 12 post
can u please send it to me via email denissita_87@live.com thanks
denisse_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #130

gonzalosalcedo09 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccmjoon View Post
Woo... what a statement thanks guys we show them . We can do it

No prob Gotta fight the good fight man!
gonzalosalcedo09 is offline   Reply With Quote