Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC HD2 (Leo) > HTC HD2 ROM Development

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #1

My Device: HTC HD2

UtterPiffle is infamous around these parts
Default [Help] Cannot update ROM - update stays at 0%

Hi, hope you can help me as I starting to pull my hair out.

I am English, but living in Germany and have just bought an HTC HD2 from O2 here in Germany. I need to change the installed ROM to a UK version, so I have downloaded several different ones. None of them work!

When I run the PDA phone ROM update utility (as administrator on w7), it starts up OK, talks to the HD2 and picks up details of the current ROM version. Then I press OK to start the ROM update. The phone resets (coloured bands), then displays HTC 0%. The software on the PC also show 0%. It stays there at 0% for 10 mins or so then times out with the message "Error [262]: Update Error", and I have to pull the battery from the HD2 to get it to restart - the HD2 then reboots back in the German OS.

Interestingly, when I type the serial number into the official HTC HD2 website to recieve updates from there, it says "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device."

Am I doing something stupid, or is it possible that phone cannot be updated? It is of no use to me in German as I don't speak the language!

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance, UtterPiffle.
UtterPiffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #2

My Device: HTC HD2

Petulinek is infamous around these parts

You must install first HSPL - this unlocks your phone for flashing any ROMs (cooked or original for other region).

There is problem to update customized phones, HTC releases ROMs for operators phones with delays.
Petulinek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:45 AM   #3

My Device: HD2

norodaigh is infamous around these parts

Br careful what version you download and install, if you want to custom rom the life out of your phone then you will have to go with an older hspl version not the newer ones, this is just because no-one has really went for a rom with the latest version of hspl available.

Link follows:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=611433
norodaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM   #4

My Device: HTC Leo & HTC Touch Diamond 2

duttythroy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtterPiffle View Post
Hi, hope you can help me as I starting to pull my hair out.

I am English, but living in Germany and have just bought an HTC HD2 from O2 here in Germany. I need to change the installed ROM to a UK version, so I have downloaded several different ones. None of them work!

When I run the PDA phone ROM update utility (as administrator on w7), it starts up OK, talks to the HD2 and picks up details of the current ROM version. Then I press OK to start the ROM update. The phone resets (coloured bands), then displays HTC 0%. The software on the PC also show 0%. It stays there at 0% for 10 mins or so then times out with the message "Error [262]: Update Error", and I have to pull the battery from the HD2 to get it to restart - the HD2 then reboots back in the German OS.

Interestingly, when I type the serial number into the official HTC HD2 website to recieve updates from there, it says "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device."

Am I doing something stupid, or is it possible that phone cannot be updated? It is of no use to me in German as I don't speak the language!

Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance, UtterPiffle.
Have u sort this now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
duttythroy is offline   Reply With Quote