Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC HD2 (Leo)

HTC HD2 (Leo) Discussion about HTC HD2 (also known as HTC Leo). Anything about how-to questions, ROM development, accessories, Apps, software, etc…

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:02 PM   #1

My Device: HTC HD2

ACiDUser is infamous around these parts
Default How to set WM Owner on HTC HD2?

Hello,

I installed a software which need to know "WM Owner" on my phone.

I saw manuals, how to do it on Windows Mobile. Settings -> Owner information.

But I can't find anything similar to this on HD2.

Could anyone help me?
ACiDUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2009, 09:42 PM   #2

Found solution. This link (attached file) will directly open property for WM Owner Name. Just save it to your PC. Remove " .txt " ending, copy to phone and run.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Owner_Info.lnk.txt (43 Bytes, 758 views)

Last edited by ACiDUser; November 23rd, 2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:29 PM   #3

My Device: HD2

Gajet is infamous around these parts

Er you just fill in the "Me" contact card.
Gajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #4

My Device: Touch Pro 2

seventhsinner is infamous around these parts
Default Owner ID

Very Often the owner ID is set "hide" as the default value in the registry.

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Owner\Hide
in the registry and change the 1 to a 0
Do a soft reset

Now go to Settings>All Settings>Personal

Here you will find the previously missing file "Owner Information" which will require at least a name for identification in many software apps.

(Er...Unfortunately, just filling in the "Me" card in people, as in the previous post, has absolutely nothing to do with it)
seventhsinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #5

Gajet is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhsinner View Post

(Er...Unfortunately, just filling in the "Me" card in people, as in the previous post, has absolutely nothing to do with it)
OK explain to me how by filling in the "me" card, and then unhiding the owner information setting it had been magically populated with the details I added to the me card?

The reason the setting is hidden is that it's redundant. Your making this overly complicated, it has everything to do with it.
Gajet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:03 PM   #6

I don't like that they made this interface "Easy". I want access as many as possible settings. It would be super if there were special mode for "advanced users". I want to get maximum from my phone and use it as a PDA/Laptop. This stupid HTC sense doesn't allow to change file extensions.
Old November 27th, 2009, 01:21 PM   #7

My Device: HTC HD2, HTC Touch Diamond

g400 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiDUser View Post
I don't like that they made this interface "Easy". I want access as many as possible settings. It would be super if there were special mode for "advanced users". I want to get maximum from my phone and use it as a PDA/Laptop. This stupid HTC sense doesn't allow to change file extensions.
Editing the registry effectively is the advanced mode.

And I second the suggestion above about editing the "Me" details in the People app - it worked for me.
g400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #8

sheilabliese is infamous around these parts
Default "Me" Card

I don't seem to find it, please help. In the SMS messaging, my pic is blank, how do i add my pic as well. Thanks.
sheilabliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #9

Robrecht is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventhsinner View Post
Seems like you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilabliese View Post
I don't seem to find it, please help. In the SMS messaging, my pic is blank, how do i add my pic as well. Thanks.
The "Me" card is at the top of your contacts list in the built-in people app. You can fill in your details there and add a picture of yourself. If you already have a contact entry of yourself, you can open it, tap "Menu" then choose to use it as your "Me" card.
You can also update your Facebook status here.

The standard WM "owner info" will automatically be set with the name and e-mail adress you enter on the "Me" card. All 3rd party software that uses this for registration (like most Resco apps) will work fine.

Or, you know, if you feel all hAxx0r you can fiddle with the registry to bring up the original WM "owner info" icon. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever: if you've completed the previous steps, you'll find that your owner info is already filled in. But yeah, if that makes you feel you "get the maximum from your phone", be my guest.

I for one appreciate HTC's efforts to make the UI more integrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACiDUser View Post
You're an advanced user and you don't know have Resco File Explorer or Total Commander installed? The built-in file explorer is crap, true, but that has nothing to do with HTC Sense.

Edit: Yeah, I've made a mess of this thread. Sorry for the multiple posts. The forum's acting all weird.

Last edited by Robrecht; April 19th, 2010 at 09:17 AM.
Robrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #10

Robrecht is infamous around these parts

Double post. Clickedy click.
Robrecht is offline   Reply With Quote