Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Devices > HTC HD2 (Leo)

HTC HD2 (Leo) Discussion about HTC HD2 (also known as HTC Leo). Anything about how-to questions, ROM development, accessories, Apps, software, etc…

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #1

My Device: HTC HD2

philtrick is infamous around these parts
Default HD2- problems with proximity sensor

Hi,
I know this phone is brand new, but does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the proximity sensor. It's proving a problem for my wife who uses the phone. When she's on a call the phone is proving a bit intermittent in sensing she's holding it to her ear. Hence being a capactive screen, when her cheek brushes the screen the other caller either hears DTMF or gets cut off by it touching the end call.

I was watching her use the phone and the screen was de-activiting (correctly going blank) for part of the call then coming back on, this would happen several times during one call.

Can I assume my wifes head is therefore hollow, or do I have a metal plate in mine?

Previous Nokia 5800 had no such problem.

Phil
philtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2009, 02:48 PM   #2

My Device: HTC HD2, HTC Desire HD

madindehead is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtrick View Post
Hi,
I know this phone is brand new, but does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the proximity sensor. It's proving a problem for my wife who uses the phone. When she's on a call the phone is proving a bit intermittent in sensing she's holding it to her ear. Hence being a capactive screen, when her cheek brushes the screen the other caller either hears DTMF or gets cut off by it touching the end call.

I was watching her use the phone and the screen was de-activiting (correctly going blank) for part of the call then coming back on, this would happen several times during one call.

Can I assume my wifes head is therefore hollow, or do I have a metal plate in mine?

Previous Nokia 5800 had no such problem.

Phil
The proximity sensor only works on the distance to your head, or hand, or whatever you hold close to it during a call.

Even if your wife's head was hollow, that wouldn't even affect it.

Not sure what could be the problem. Try hard resetting the device. It might fix it. Usually fixes most problems.
madindehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM   #3

My Device: HTC Touch HD

tonywheeler is infamous around these parts

No issues with mine at all. It changes from screen off (near head) to back on almost straight away when I take it away from my ear and a call.

Tony
tonywheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #4

My Device: HTC Lenny Da Lion

fards is on a distinguished road

is she moving it away from her ear at all?
fards is offline   Reply With Quote