Go Back   HTCPedia.com forums > Android Platform > General Android HTC Devices > HTC Desire

HTC Desire Discussion about HTC Desire, made by HTC. Anything about how-to questions, HTC Desire development, accessories, Apps, tweak, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #1

My Device: HTC Desire

subhramani is infamous around these parts
Default remount failed: Operation not permitted

My original problem is that I ran the OTA upgrade of Froyo the day I bought my Desire here in India. Now, I am trying to downgrade the HBOOT so that I can root my device.

Now the issue is that I am not able to follow the procedure to downgrade the HBOOT as I am unable to push the flash_image and the mtd0.img into the data folder as I get an error "remount failed: Operation not permitted" when I try to remount.

I have tried to access shell and do a 'su' which again comes up with the 'access denied' message.

Can anyone help me get rid of the access issue so that I can downgrade the HBOOT and root my device?
subhramani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #2

My Device: HD2 / Touch Pro2 / Desire

alwayslearning is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhramani View Post
My original problem is that I ran the OTA upgrade of Froyo the day I bought my Desire here in India. Now, I am trying to downgrade the HBOOT so that I can root my device.

Now the issue is that I am not able to follow the procedure to downgrade the HBOOT as I am unable to push the flash_image and the mtd0.img into the data folder as I get an error "remount failed: Operation not permitted" when I try to remount.

I have tried to access shell and do a 'su' which again comes up with the 'access denied' message.

Can anyone help me get rid of the access issue so that I can downgrade the HBOOT and root my device?
see if this helps. if you can downgrade to 2.1 then you will be able to root and then upgrade to any ROM you want.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=768256
alwayslearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #3

My Device: HTC Desire

subhramani is infamous around these parts

woohoo... I hadnt seen that. Downloading now. Thanks a lot for the reply.
subhramani is offline   Reply With Quote