Die-hard HD2 owners, rejoice! New Rom from a rocking Rom cooker “Topix” was released on 5th April 2010. After deep testing Rom showed to be very stable, fast and no issues were found, works smooth and gives you some added applications.
- CE OS 5.2.21897 (21822.214.171.124)
- Manila Version 2.5.20121412.1
- Based on WM 6.5 (upper icons)
- Opera 9.70.35964.0
- ROM contains Document tab Only, No Reader tab
- ROM was updated using 2.07.51.22 - 2.08.50.05 and 2.09.51.03 Radio versions and 576 MB RAM size was not activated.
Added in ROM:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- Enhanced CommManager
- Reset button in start menu
- Softkey Manager
- Google Maps
- Total Commander
- Capture Screen
- Music ID
Applications in ROM:
- HTC Album
- Process Manager
- Games: Bubble Breaker, Solitaire and Teeter
- Windows Live/Messenger
- Sim Manager
- FM Radio
- Internet sharing
- Longpress endkey
- MP3 Trimmer
- Office Mobile
- Remote desktop
- Voice Recorder
- Remote Desktop
- Voice Recorder
Removed from ROM:
- MSN Weather
Features and Testings:
- Long press on left answer key rotates the screen (rotating home screen -sometimes- did not give fine results)
- HTC Task Manager is included in this ROM, no issues or problems to be noticed.
- This Rom contains Softkey Manager Software which enables you to manage and change softkey assigned application.
- Buttons added in settings-personal to help assign an application to a hard key.
- NoData cab is included in the ROM which allows disabling data connections. (in case you have unintentional data connections activated)
- Capture Screen application is added. Just shake your device and the screen is captured. Nice application
- All office Mobile applications are there: Word Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, OneNote Mobile, Excel Mobile, and SharePoint WorkSpace Mobile.
- Regedit application is included. Helps you to modify windows registry.
- Music ID: identify a song on the radio using your phone
- Flash Light is included. Helps control camera LED Flash.
- WinRAR is also there. You can associate it with all kinds of compressed files.
- Total Commander is included in the Rom. And very useful application, some of its features: Copy, Move whole subdirs, Inplace rename, create dirs, Delete (no recycle bin), Zip and unzip, Properties dialog, change attributes, Built-in text editor, Search function (also for text), Select/unselect groups of files, Select with [Sel] button, FTP client, Registry editor, LAN access, Send/Receive via Infrared (OBEX), Brief, full and large icons mode, Single or two file window mode, Option to hide all files in ROM, Directory hotlist as in Total Commander, Directory history through dropdown list, Tree view and Configurable button bar.
- VNC Viewer: Used to control your desktop with your Windows Mobile. You can control computers running Unix, Solaris, Linux, Windows and Mac.
- Owner Information is added in Personal List of shortcuts.
- GPS was tried using Garmin XT and iGO 8, both worked perfectly with fast signal detection.
- Bluetooth Version 1.9.3 Build 1000 worked smoothly sending and receiving.
- Battery dropped to 35% from full charge after 2 hours of continuous heavy usage.
- Phone Canvas: Updated to Leo 2.10 Phone Canavs as its more easier to use rather than with the slide cover which is not needed on Leo due to active light Sensor.
- Home Screen: As in original HTC HD2 ROM, No changes. It can be improved by using MaxManila or Cookie HomeTab applications and increase the number of icons showing.
- Messages Tab: Threaded Layout of HTC messaging is the default and could be changed to Classic Layout for those not recommending new HTC messaging.
- Mail Tab: Contains extra Mail service providers: Yahoo mail, Gmail, and Others.
- Internet Tab: Opera 9.70.35853.0
- Pictures Tab: Very smooth transition between pictures and videos in portrait and landscape modes.
- Music Tab: Smooth transition between playlists, adding tracks to playlists is easy and practical music player.
- Documents Tab: Fast and clear shifting between documents in portrait and landscape modes.
Download Link: Topix 1.5.9
Rate this: 1 2 3 4 5 Rate